Menu

Do any of those eye lift creams really work?

However, I read that one of the quickest ways to get a face/eyes looking younger again is to properly arch the eyebrows. The author refers to this as a way to get a quickest way to get a "facelift."

Many people don't know how to shape their eyebrows properly. They pluck too much or don't shape them correctly. You're supposed to have a nice arch. Don't tweeze too much! It is recommended that an eye brow stencil be used to guide this.

I know I took this in a different direction.

As far as moisturizers go, Oil of Olay makes affordable but good moisturizers. The Clinique make up counter will give you good advice, as well, if you're interested in paying more and getting specific advice for your skin.

I am mid 40-ish and my eyes are so droopy! I am embarrassed to take our family portraits next weekend.

Does anyone have recommendations on an eye lift cream that actually works? And works fast? :lol:

No. Creams can't lift. They can improve appearance and can temporarily make it appear that lines are smoother but they can't move anything.

Eye cream, a light reflecting concealer, color on the lips to draw attention there. That's what I read everywhere...

The eyebrow advice was very good too!

Since early adulthood I've had dark circles & bags under my eyes due to a lifetime of allergies. :glare:

Last year I started using a powder foundation & concealer and have found that it photographs wonderfully! (I use bare escentials, but there are many other brands out there.)

hope that helps!

There are skin treatments that tighten the skin. I've used Arbonne's NutriMinC REversing Gelee Transforming Lift and it does smooth out the under eye skin and make the puffiness subside. I've had people ask me what I use because they saw me w/o makeup and w/makeup and could see the difference. Over a year ago, I splurged and got the whole skin care stuff from Arbonne for older skin (Nutrimin?) and the transforming Lift was free with that purchase, plus I got the set for less than cost(some special deal that I don't I can get again). You have to order this stuff from a person who sells it. But maybe other companies make a product that does the same thing. I'd check with some of the department store lines. Just ask if they have a product that tightens the skin. It's for the whole face but since I was trying to conserve it and make it last as long as possible, I just used it under my eyes since that's where I needed the help. Also, I only used it when I was going somewhere special (not everyday). The one bottle lasted me about 13 months. I loved most of the Arbonne face collection but it's so expensive! The products in the NutriminC face that I would skip next time are the facial wash, the toner, and the day cream. Here's the skin lift product I spoke of in the beginning (retail $49.50):

http://www.arbonne.com/products/anti-aging/nutriminc/supplement/lift.asp

and here's the a link to the whole collection for the face:

http://www.arbonne.com/products/anti-aging/nutriminc/face/set.asp

I've wanted to find a product that does the same thing w/o getting it from Arbonne but all the eye or aging skin type products at stores like Wholefoods/Sprouts are expensive too! In the end, we are what we are and I doubt that we could ever look at ourselves and not wish something were different, right?

Blessings,

I am mid 40-ish and my eyes are so droopy! I am embarrassed to take our family portraits next weekend.

Does anyone have recommendations on an eye lift cream that actually works? And works fast? :lol:

Do you know an "Avon lady"? Or does someone have an Avon store in your area?

I've been using an eye cream from Avon called "Advanced Eye Perfector". I dab a little on gently under my eye. It's worked so well for me that I no longer need concealer. I did notice an improvement within the first few days of using it.

HTH

Thanks everyone for the replies! I must have been clear as mud...I meant that my eyelids on top (not under my eyes) are drooping.

I have seen good reviews of Avon's eyelift product (called Anew or something like that)...I think it works on the premise of tightening the skin.

Any others want to chime in?