Menu

AAR editions

Seeking Squirrels

How much changed between the first edition and 2nd/3rd? Particularly level 2. 

I bought the teacher guide and activity book used a few months ago and didn't pay attention to edition until today when someone local was selling her readers and let me know they are 1st edition. Turns out the books I bought are as well. So I could just get the readers from her and use 1st edition. Or is it worth it to get the newer edition? How much will we be missing out on? 

Not a problem with AAR 2, you can mix and match the editions of the Teacher's Manual and Student Packets. Here's an AAR 2 Third Edition FAQ page--scroll down for correlations and even a short video showing how to do the correlations.

For the readers, if they really are "first editions," those were produced before there was an AAR program, as a fun visual way to reinforce spelling. They don't correlate with any of the AAR programs--so you want second or third edition readers to mix and match.

HTH! 

Edited by MerryAtHope
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, MerryAtHope said:

Not a problem with AAR 2, you can mix and match the editions of the Teacher's Manual and Student Packets. Here's an AAR 2 Third Edition FAQ page--scroll down for correlations and even a short video showing how to do the correlations.

For the readers, if they really are "first editions," those were produced before there was an AAR program, as a fun visual way to reinforce spelling. They don't correlate with any of the AAR programs--so you want second or third edition readers to mix and match.

HTH! 

Interesting! She originally told me they were first edition, but they say second edition on the front. Maybe she meant they're 2nd not 3rd.  What Am I has 12 stories and Queen Bee has 11. Copyright 2014. TM and activity book copyright 2013. So it looks like all the materials I have now go together at least! And we're not missing out on anything important going with the older? 

6 hours ago, Seeking Squirrels said:

Interesting! She originally told me they were first edition, but they say second edition on the front. Maybe she meant they're 2nd not 3rd.  What Am I has 12 stories and Queen Bee has 11. Copyright 2014. TM and activity book copyright 2013. So it looks like all the materials I have now go together at least! And we're not missing out on anything important going with the older? 

She may have thought they were since the TM would have been a "first edition" and she had the readers that matched. Anyway, great that you have matching materials! I wouldn't worry about the update, but you can read about it in the link above. There are four new stories, six new lessons in the TM, and about 100 additional pages in the Activity Book. Basically the new lessons break things down a bit more and the new stories and activity pages give students more review and practice. So, great improvements but you wouldn't necessarily need to replace what you have. HTH!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MerryAtHope said:

She may have thought they were since the TM would have been a "first edition" and she had the readers that matched. Anyway, great that you have matching materials! I wouldn't worry about the update, but you can read about it in the link above. There are four new stories, six new lessons in the TM, and about 100 additional pages in the Activity Book. Basically the new lessons break things down a bit more and the new stories and activity pages give students more review and practice. So, great improvements but you wouldn't necessarily need to replace what you have. HTH!

Thank you so much!

• Like 1