Menu

Colorado ladies....

We are looking to take a vacation to CO in the next few weeks. We had originally planned to go to Breckenridge, but we are also wanting to go at a time where the likelihood of snow is high. I know that's difficult to predict, but I was wondering if there was a certain time in CO that you could almost guarantee snow---even if we had to go somewhere other than Breckenridge that would be fine. Thanks!

We are looking to take a vacation to CO in the next few weeks. We had originally planned to go to Breckenridge, but we are also wanting to go at a time where the likelihood of snow is high. I know that's difficult to predict, but I was wondering if there was a certain time in CO that you could almost guarantee snow---even if we had to go somewhere other than Breckenridge that would be fine. Thanks!

Do you mean snow on the ground, or snow falling from the sky?

Snow should be on the ground in the high country now, and will stay through spring. Our biggest snow month statistically is March, followed by April then February. Snow falls October through May.

Breckenridge is open for skiing right now, but I think that peak season is after Thanksgiving. All the snow for the past seven days has been man-made. There is no snow predicted for the next week. If you go to breckenridge.snow.com you can look at their mountain cams to see the snow. In the picture of the town, you can see patches of snow on the ground, but the town does not look like a winter wonderland yet. The temperature is supposed to get up to 55 degrees today in Breckenridge.

January and February and March are usually dependable to see fresh snow. We especially love Sunlight Ski Resort outside of Glenwood Springs. Its smaller but big enough for us. Theres a 2 mile green that's especially nice for leisure long runs with kids. If you ever do this, stay at the Americinn with their great indoor pool and slide. We never made it to the Hot Springs that trip, the hotel was so much fun.

January and February and March are usually dependable to see fresh snow. We especially love Sunlight Ski Resort outside of Glenwood Springs. Its smaller but big enough for us. Theres a 2 mile green that's especially nice for leisure long runs with kids. If you ever do this, stay at the Americinn with their great indoor pool and slide. We never made it to the Hot Springs that trip, the hotel was so much fun.

I always stay near the hot springs- I just love them!