Menu

Re-introducing myself and a (CC) guest post on Ann Voskamp's blog

YearRoundMom

I'm an old lurker from 2006-ish and just re-registered because I forgot my old email address (yahoo? hotmail?). I don't think I've logged in since the newest board change, though I still read every day!  I lost all my old posts, because I changed my email address and had to change my board name by taking out the spaces of my old one, Year Round Mom. No one would remember me anyways. 

So, hi!

We're a military family and have homeschooled from the beginning. My aspie son is a freshman this year! YIKES! My DDs are 12, 11, and 6. So we've got a busy day, week, and year ahead of us!

When asked what curriculum we use, I mention WTM, RightStart Math (I am a die-hard fan of RS), and Classical Writing (does anyone still use this? We like it!) 

I'm logging in to share my friend's guest post on Ann Voskamp's blog. This post is especially good for someone coming out of a tough, fiery season. I hope you are as blessed by this post as I was!

http://annvoskamp.com/2018/08/when-life-is-still-in-the-midst-of-a-fallow-season/

I always hope to log in more and participate. Maybe this time around I will! 

Hmm, well I've been around that long (back from the old old boards that actually flipped, hehe), but I'm sorry I don't remember your name. Well welcome back! We have a lot of spectrum gabbing on LC and we also have a middle grades challenges group (however you find the groups) that might interest you. Is your oldest a freshman in college this year then? This is my dd's 2nd year at the university. And yup, I still have all my CW stuff and used RS, lol. Now you go to K-8 and everything has changed. It's weird to see how Common Core overlaps with what people doing CW and copia have been doing for years, lol. 

I'm terrible about reading blogs, so I'm glossing that. Anyways, welcome out of lurking and back! :smile:

Thanks ? I was under another username when I first joined, and I posted maybe 100 times max under that one! I'm such a lurker!

Oops, my ds 14 is a 9th grader. We are just getting a handle on grading homework and attending online courses. I can't imagine getting ready for college!!!!

I joined the middle grades challenges group under Year Round Mom. I can't get into that account; should I rejoin under this new one? 

And I agree!!! Common Core looks like RS and CW to me!