Menu

VideoText Algebra -- pros/cons

We love Video text! It has worked for both my very exceptionally mathy kid who finished the whole thing in 1 year and my not so mathy kid who did it in 2.25 years and my middle of the road kid who is doing it now. It's conceptual and incremental and has plenty of practice if you assign evens, then odds,  then use both versions of quizzes and tests (necessary for my 2nd to master the material). Love love love their approach to word problems. Only 2 cons that I can think of.

#1 Price

#2 It's a nonstandard sequence

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Momto5inIN said:

We love Video text! It has worked for both my very exceptionally mathy kid who finished the whole thing in 1 year and my not so mathy kid who did it in 2.25 years and my middle of the road kid who is doing it now. It's conceptual and incremental and has plenty of practice if you assign evens, then odds,  then use both versions of quizzes and tests (necessary for my 2nd to master the material). Love love love their approach to word problems. Only 2 cons that I can think of.

#1 Price

#2 It's a nonstandard sequence

Thank you for your input!  Both boys watched an on-line lesson and they really enjoyed it.  We are going to try the on-line version (30 day refund policy) for Module A and see how it goes.  I'd like to get through it by the end of next summer, but we will see.  The on-line version for all 6 modules ends up being $300 (covers 2 students) for both boys.  I don't think $150 per kid for Alg 1 and 2 is bad.

I'm not 100% sure we are homeschooling high school so the nonstandard sequence makes me a little nervous, but if we get through when I would like, I think it will be an advantage.