Menu

Self-study AP World or AP Euro History?

I hope it's feasible because we're trying it this year ? (world history). I did US history with my oldest a couple of years ago, and that went pretty well. But we used Pandia Press's curriculum for that and just had to add in some AP specific material, so it was a little easier. We've also done art history and human geography, though. I'm still working on pulling together World History, but so far I've ordered a textbook (I got the Bentley Traditions and Encounters one, but I can't remember why anymore. I'd read too much, and I just wanted to decide and be done with it already!), I'm having him go through the material on Khan Academy, and I ordered a set of DVDs from Great Courses. I'll add in lots of test prep material (particularly practicing DBQs and other FRQs), some longer non-fiction and documentaries as we have time, and some projects and assignments (I use the sample syllabi on the college board site a lot as a resource for that).