Menu

Horse Peeps- question about hoof crack

bodiesmom

Our pony incurred a horizontal hoof crack last night that is about 1.5 inches long. She isn't in any pain, no lameness, no blood, nothing. Just a crack....that "looks" really painful to me, but I digress....

I have a call into our farrier, but am wondering what we can expect as far as down time. My dd had planned on taking her to a show this weekend (halter and showmanship only- no riding) that she has worked for all spring and summer. However, we obviously don't want to further injure the pony. I'm assuming the show is now off the table, but wanted to confirm with those that have had experience with this before I let dd know. Registration is tomorrow~

Thoughts? 

? 

I hope it’s nothing serious. My horses have gotten hoof cracks that looked really bad but turned out to be no big deal. I always text a photo to my farrier right away and he lets me know his opinion, so I don’t have to wait and worry until the appointment.

• Like 1