Menu

Middle School Spanish

Tracy

I have a degree in Spanish. It has been many years since I have used it regularly, so I am not 100% fluent. But I have been using a lot in the last few months. 

I want to find a Spanish curriculum for my son and supplement with Duolingo and Michel Thomas, which my daughter is using. He wants something that is sort of independent, that gives him the instruction in his book and that he can come and ask me about if he needs help. 

Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, Tracy said:

Middlebury looks really good. Can I ask why you decided to switch?

MI worked really well for needing independent learning. It didn’t have as much intentional grammar as I would like, but I don’t regret our time with it and my other kids will likely follow the same middle school trajectory. Ultimately I switched because in the end a child learns a second language best when face to face with someone who speaks the language. Since I speak Spanish I decided face to face was the way to go this year lol The last few years teaching Little’s to read and write I just didn’t have this luxury.