Menu

Combining CLE 7/8th grade

lgliser

I know some people have done that but I'm having trouble finding posts about it. I'm planning on doing it this year with one of my 6th graders and I'd love to hear exactly how you did it and how it went. He's very good at math and I don't think he will have any problems.

You mean that you want to cover CLE math 700 and 800 in one year?

We accelerated CLE but it was in earlier years (I think 400-600?). Mostly I had dd double up on new lessons and then do the review from one of the two lessons each day. Some people also skip quizzes and/or tests. The first LU in each level is generally all pretests, so you can skip that whole book.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it with my dd last year-we almost made it!

I scheduled 2 lessons a day, skipped the quizzes, but completed the tests. Each lesson has a review so on one of the 2 lessons she did daily I had her skip that portion. It was somewhat of a challenge for her, but very doable. 

I'm doing the same with my upcoming 7th grader this year. Math comes much easier for him so I'm anticipating (hoping) the "2 lesson a day" plan to work well.