Menu

Spelling Power Users...

wehave8

I'm not sure since I have the older version but I can tell you what the tabs in the box say:

Drill Activiites

Skill

Writing

Dictionary

Homonyms

There's 4 levels of activities behind each tab. 

Example for Drill Activities- #12 (easy)  Sand Words: Write your words in sand.  After you have written each word, check to see that you have spelled it correctly.  Erase each word and write another one.

• Thanks 1

Hey Pam, When I had 3rd edition and even 4th edition there were about 100 "discovery activities" listed in the book materials. (I don't remember much about the cd rom to be honest).  The "task box" included those 100 activities plus another 200 ish.   In practice, we picked about 2-5 standard activities to use for each child so I didn't have to deal with the box or the back of the book.  I made a paper with those activities on them until it was routine to use them. however, I consider our use of spelling power to have been a failure as my adhd engineer child still struggles to spell even after graduating college. But I doubt that using the box or not using it had much to do with it.  My experience I share with friends in real life is to start without using the box, then if it would make your life easier, buy it and use it.

• Thanks 1