Menu

How long did RSO Biology 2 take you?

We did the labs selectively as we were co-oping biology (I was teacher and used RSO Bio2 for scope and sequence and spine for younger half of the group, while older half used Life on Earth or CK12 text).  We used many of the RSO labs and microscope labs for the entire group. Our class met for 2 hours one time a week where we did a quick review of what they learned in the reading and then the lab(s).  Some days we were very pressed to finish in 2 hours! But some labs were quicker. We generally did not do FSS, though sometimes we did.

My suggestion is leave have bio be at the end of the school day. I don’t know how many days a week you’re planning, but if you do the 5 day plan I imagine you’ll only have day 2 that goes longer than an hour.  The reading in the lessons is short, SWYK is short, and the FSS can be short if you’ve got resources ready.  Activities vary in length, there’s not a MS lab every week, and they and the regular labs are pretty fun. 

HTH good luck!

Following. We were hoping to get a few families together to use it for a co-op, but I think it’ll end up being just us. I was looking to see which labs look the most fun and which might be some overlap. Also was thinking about adding in some notebooking from Mel and Gerry from TpT. With our schedule it’ll be hard for us to do science more than an hour a day 2-3 times a week, so I’m hoping it’s doable!