Menu

Accountability Thread 6/3-6/9

Good morning. Tomorrow begins the first week of summer term, but I'm not feeling up to starting anything new. I think we'll have a light week. The boys have a vacation with grandparents coming up and that gives me two weeks to kind of get my act together for summer school. 

Today's schedule: critique a synopsis for a writer (talk about the blind leading the blind!), gather the critique stuff I've had with my query from the week in one place and see if I've addressed most of the points in my new query, work on two more pitches for my novel, finish rewriting a problem scene, and get all those revisions into the chapter, check it, and call it good, start edits on the next chapter, get a chapter off to a critique partner, check those pitches with my critique partners, get them off to an editor who has graciously not only offered help with pitches but wants to read my novel as a Beta reader!, write up the grocery list, do a couple of query critiques, clean the bathroom because it's scary in there, cook something for supper and don't die of this headache that I woke up with. Tall orders. I think I might need more caffeine.:laugh:

• Like 1

Good morning.  I think we'll take next week completely off, except for devotions, and start summer school after that.  I'm tired and just want to relax completely!  Today is Sunday service and picking up grocery order.

critter, I hope your headache gets better and that you are able to get your list accomplished.

• Like 1

I'm writing this at 11pm.

Well we've had the last month off so we are headed "back to school". 

I've accomplished a lot today:

• church
  • actually relaxing a bit today  (amazing I know)
  • cleaning the house
  • cleaning out school desks and refilling them with new notebooks, supplies
  • making lesson plans for the oldest two
  • putting up and setting up our AAS board 
  • reviewing and preparing for the lessons I hope to get to tomorrow
  • personal Bible reading

I'm off to bed and hope to check in tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well looks like I'm first, good morning all. ? 

So far so good, sorta ?

Today I have group class with my PreK4, K, and 1st grader (English and Math). Then a bit more time with the 1st grader 1:1. Then on to the 3rd graders to introduce them to their new English notebooks. I'll get some Math done with them. In the afternoon I plan on slowing down to have "tea time" with cuddles, coloring and a read along using our new Action Bible. ? If I make it that far we might get to a quick read through of our history lesson today. Today's dinner is going to be a crockpot dinner I already know. ?  Also normal housekeeping, cooking and caring for the baby.

• Like 1

Good morning. I was busy tidying up the last item on my list from yesterday. Today's to-do list is a lot shorter.

Today's schedule:

Boys are out picking blueberries with grandparents. 

French-Lesson 29, Audio, vocabulary

Latin-Lesson 3, DVD, workbook

Math-lesson 3, KTM

Literature-reading in respective books, vocabulary and comprehension

For me: finish the query/synopsis critique from last night, deal with the blueberries (by which I mean eat them and make blueberry muffins!), French, Latin, edit chapter 28, and participate in a Mock pitch party on Twitter in preparation for the real deal on Thursday.

• Like 2

Hello all ?

Due to a long night we are having a bumpy start this morning. (I have yet to get coffee ? )

But I'm looking forward to introducing a time for catechism during morning time, then hit English, Math, and Science throughout the day. During our afternoon reading time I think I will bring out more manipulatives to keep the kids in the room. ? The major goal today is to get all the prep work and grading done at a reasonable hour tonight so I can get some much needed sleep. Time for more coffee. ? 

• Like 2

Good morning. Today's schedule:

French-review

Latin-continue lesson

Math-Lesson 4, KTM

For me: French, Latin, revisions, editing and chapter critique. Writer's meeting tonight. I also need to clean the kitchen at some point today.

• Like 1

Good morning all ?

After reevaluating yesterday I realized I needed to tweak the routine.

• Get the kids to write some letters to family.
  • PreK4 1:1 English and Math
  • K 1:1 English
  • K & 1st Math
  • 1st English, speech therapy at home
  • 3rd direct and teach all subjects
  • Relax and read aloud together.

Clean, cook, care and entertain 9 month old ? , have a visit with mother later in the day.

• Like 2

Good morning! My back is all better! Good thing, because I'm in rabid revision mode.

Today's schedule:

French-Lesson Quiz 29

Latin-worksheet 3 for lesson 3

Art-watercolor painting with group

For me: Revise the last 20 pages of my 120K novel. It is so close to done I can taste it.

• Like 2

Good afternoon all ?

Thursday's we basically run out the door for Speech and OT appointments.

We got to some independent work at the the office.

So for the rest of the day we have

• 3rd Math & History lessons
  • Make Speech cards (family)
  • Reassess boundaries of Speech and Phonics. 
  • I'm hoping to get out to do some Nature Notebooking in today. It's so beautiful here.
  • Grade and prepare for tomorrow.
  • Like 2

Planning, planning, planning. Also chores.

I think I finally have DD's stuff settled for "next year" (starting August 1 - I need to get my rear in gear and get stuff ordered!). She really wanted to do the Groovy Kids chocolate study, so I've got that planned. 

DD actually turned in her essay for her So Verbose class early, so that's not hanging over our heads this weekend, and next week is the last class for that. We're taking July off because everyone needs a break. 

Today: vacuum the house, do the laundry, grocery shopping (done!), and wrap my niece's birthday present (done!).

• Like 2