Menu

My sister called me a while ago and told me something really interesting. She said that if you lock yourself out of your car and you have an electronic key, you can unlock it from a distance. Someone who has a copy of your key can be on the phone with you and click the unlock, and it will unlock your car if you are standing there beside it.

I just tried it, and it worked! This is really great news for people like me who are forgetful and lock themselves out of their cars more times they they really care to admit.

PS: I let my children name the title of this thread. I know it's silly but they are delighted.

How far away from your car were you (or whoever had the key) when you tested this?

Well, I tried it without the phone and it didn't work (from my bedroom, just using the remote key).

Then I tried it with the phone and it did work.

So I assumed that from my bedroom, the key must be out of range.

Well, I tried it without the phone and it didn't work (from my bedroom, just using the remote key).

Then I tried it with the phone and it did work.

So I assumed that from my bedroom, the key must be out of range.

That is a really bizarre thing, and would you please stop using the word "beastliness"???? It (in all its variations) is rampant here w/my 4 boys and I'm SO, SO tired of it!

;)

Chelle