Menu

Questions about Galore Park Latin

Pam in MA

We've been happily working through Latin Prep I, and are getting ready to order Book 2, but I'm trying to understand how "So You Really Want To Learn Latin" fits into the sequence. The first book looks like it covers alot of the same material in the Latin Prep, plus some more. What's the difference between these two series? Since I don't quite understand the entrance exams, etc., the website doesn't clarify much for me! Anyone know?

The So You Really Series of Latin is for an older crowd (high school). The publisher recommends for our middle school students that we go through Latin Prep 1-3 and then only the 3rd book of the So You Really series. The 3rd book overlaps a bit but takes you further than LP3. After this they will be well prepared to start reading original texts.

HTHs,

The So You Really Series of Latin is for an older crowd (high school). The publisher recommends for our middle school students that we go through Latin Prep 1-3 and then only the 3rd book of the So You Really series. The 3rd book overlaps a bit but takes you further than LP3. After this they will be well prepared to start reading original texts.

HTHs,

:iagree:

Laura