Menu

CLEP test for College Algebra

My oldest took it at the end of her grade 10 year after finishing Saxon Alg 2 and used the dive cd clep prep.  she got a 62. and 50 is pass. that worked, didn't it? (8th grade did saxon alg 1, then 9th was jacobs geometry, 10th was saxon alg 2 as I said.)  The clep prep on dive cd for saxon alg 2 has about (10 or 20) lessons from the saxon Advanced book and some practice tests.  She did not have this score sent to her college as it didn't matter to them for credit for any major (and she's math major and engineering too).  But you can see she's a math person so maybe any practice prep would have worked with her. no way to know.

I'd like to recommend taking a look at modernstates.org as a resource as a "quick" course after alg 2 to fill gaps, etc. and getting practice tests from REA and/or see if you library has the petersons practice tests available.

My gap year (middle dd) has had a lot of success so far with modernstates offerings and REA and peterson's practices.  and next week plans to try the clep precalculus as her college choice will allow that for credit and it's all she needs in her studies.

(edit: my oldest's story is close to kinsa's children. yeah!)