Menu

Techy people! Making a Minecraft video with voices?

blondeviolin

My daughter (11) wants to recreate a Midsummer Night's Dream in Minecraft for a history report.  She only knows how to play Minecraft on her phone for fun.  I am completely Minecraft illiterate.  (I literally feel like my Baby Boomer generation mother trying to figure out how to dig a hole.)  Before this, I have not had much impetus to learn.  She has three weeks or so to make such a creation.  Will that be enough time?  Are there any apps or tips that would make such an endeavor easier?  This particular child has a tendency to turn in halfway work so I want to supervise to make sure she is turning in a quality product.

So...Is this do-able?  Or shall I tell her she must record a video of herself and various friends because that would be more feasible?  I absolutely don't want to crush her dream and creativity if it can be worked out.

(And feel free to ask your Minecraft-capable kids...because I'm sure there are plenty out there.)

Thanks in advance!

If all she knows how to do is play Minecraft right now, I'm not sure that making the leap to making videos PLUS acting out Midsummer[s Night's Dream is something that should be done in 3 weeks.

Would it be acceptable for her to build a scene in Minecraft, complete with people-built-of-blocks and then take screen shots?  perhaps she could do several scenes that way, screenshot each one and then put them together in a story board kind of thing?

21 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

If all she knows how to do is play Minecraft right now, I'm not sure that making the leap to making videos PLUS acting out Midsummer[s Night's Dream is something that should be done in 3 weeks.

Would it be acceptable for her to build a scene in Minecraft, complete with people-built-of-blocks and then take screen shots?  perhaps she could do several scenes that way, screenshot each one and then put them together in a story board kind of thing?

See, I didn't think of this. She does want to do a graphic novel alongside. Maybe I should suggest this for her drawings. (Yes, she does have lofty visions. =P)