Menu

Home Chef

Night Elf

I'm not sure I'm impressed by Home Chef. Last week in a recipe they sent me a shallott instead of a red onion. They gave me a $5 credit for that. Just now I got an email saying due to a glitch in shipping, my order won't be delivered today but they are shipping it out today and they think it will be here tomorrow. I also use Hello Fresh but have been trying Home Chef lately because they have different meals that sound good. I'll say that so far the Home Chef meals do taste good. I'm just miffed I'm not getting my box today. I'm going to make tomorrow night's dinner tonight but I have to thaw out the sausage. Good grief.

We get two Plated meals per week that are supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Our previous Fedex guy would always deliver in the morning, so I could count on having Plated for dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now, we have a new Fedex guy who doesn't show up until evening or even later. Once, he delivered in the middle of the night and the boxes sat out in subzero temps all night. So now I can't count on getting our Plated boxes in time for dinner on Tuesday anymore.

That's a Fedex issue, though, not Plated. We've been very happy with them. I love their interesting assortment of meal choices.

We alternate with Plated and Home Chef.

I love Plated, and we often add in the dessert. <3  I've been happy with Home Chef and they've always credited me for mishaps.  One week, a box was going to be delivered late, so they had the carrier throw it out and they refunded my money and told me to throw it out.  I was upset that I missed those planned on meals, but happy that they didn't want to put our family at risk.