Menu

Apps and Websites for History

stibalfamily

I am looking for independent apps, youtube channels and websites for History/Social studies for grades 1-3. We already do stack the States and Brainpop which is awesome. I need something to hand to my 2nd grader while I work my my K'er. This will be a suppliment and it needs to be independent of me. Thanks :)

8 hours ago, Janeway said:

Do you think Brainpop is worth the money? I have only used it when I have been able to get it free, but even then, I have barely paid attention. Now I would have to buy it. Should I?

Um, no. We don't use it enough to justify the cost. Maybe if we used it more. I do like it but we just don't schedule it as part of our day. 

For YouTube channels we like Crash course kids and sci show kids. Both are secular though, we’re christian and there’s only been a few videos that I’ve had to avoid. There’s also a site called THE KIDS SHOULD SEE THIS, they send out 7 videos a week that are amazing!!! Not “kid shows but just cool YouTube stuff that’s safe for kids to watch. We watched a guy cut wood with paper, another one where this man melted crayons into a block and then took a lathe to them! Super cool! Go to the website and sign up for emails.

cant think of anything for history except crash course kids....I wanna say I believe one time they cursed? Hahaha not sure though. Make a YouTube playlist with videos and have him watch that maybe?

• Like 2