Menu

Scratch online course and/or book

Hi, my 9 yo DD is interesting in coding and has been exploring Scratch. I’m looking for an online course and/or a book for her. The online course can be free or for a fee, but ideally it is one with archived videos that allow her to work on weekends or whenever she has the spare time. 

She has done two courses on code.org, so she is familiar with the rudiments of block coding. She is interested in creating games (of course!). Thanks!

Since Scratch literally just came out with a major update, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a good book or course that's already updated... though I could be wrong...

ETA: When my kids were seriously in Scratch, they mostly learned just by doing and playing around with others' projects.

3.0 has been announced, but only a beta version is available with a projected final release date of August. If you want to work in 2.0, you can pick up any book from the library published 2013 or after and be fine. We used a couple of them this past winter to get started.