Menu

How to find a coop (NE Houston)

I know I have seen a post before, but I can't find it...

We will be moving to NE Houston in a couple months (Humble area probably), and I find myself lost in trying to find a homeschool group. We have been living in Europe for almost 4 years, and I have always dreamed of moving back to the USA and joining a group. How do I find the right group for us? I don't even know how to search or what to ask/look for.

Things I'm interested in:

nature group

science group

social group

learnaing spanish group

Tapestry of Grace group

Really just anything that fits our family... I'm open to ideas! We just want friends and a community in our new home. I'm so excited to be back in the USA where there are more homeschoolers!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 4:51 AM, texasmom33 said:

You might look at Gulf Coast Christian Homescholars. It's a membership group, but they should be opening up membership during the summer. They have all sorts of field trips, plays, museum classes etc. you can sign up for and even do graduation ceremonies and proms. It's not a regular weekly meeting co-op. It's more a forum where people set up and organize field trips and/or classes and whoever wants to come can come. I like it because our family doesn't do FB, yet we can keep up with things here and it's also very no pressure. Some of their stuff is more Galveston/Brazoria county centered as far as park days, but the rest takes place around Houston, and if you're in Humble it's not a bad drive to jump on the Beltway and go where ever. 

You can also find field trip and museum opportunities here: http://homeschoolandbeyond.com/Homeschool_And_Beyond/2017-2018_Classes.html 

On 4/14/2018 at 4:53 AM, texasmom33 said:

Oh, and I know there are a couple of TOG groups on the south side of Houston. They only meet once a month- I don't know if that would make the drive more doable for you, but it's an option if you can't find anything in Humble or Kingwood. I'd start on ToG's website and see if there are any registered. I know Cypress and Katy have a TON of homeschool stuff, so you might expand your search that direction. 

I am just now seeing this. Thank you for the help! Yes, maybe once a month would be doable. Still hoping to find something closer, but I will keep this in mind. Thanks!