Menu

Government course?

I'm considering using the Constitutional Literacy course by Apologia (5 dvd series w/ accompanying workbook) for my 11th grader next year. Is this enough to qualify as a half credit government course, or would I need to add something to it?

In my research, I've read some conflicting opinions on it, and thought I'd ask here. I also own A Noble Experiment (another dvd & workbook gov course), as well as Whatever Happened to Justice, which I used for my oldest child's government course last year. It was *okay* and got the job done, but for my next student I'm looking at other options.

I've considered doing the Constitutional Literacy course along with just watching the Noble Experiment dvds (without the workbook). This student is mildly dyslexic and learns best through audio/visual. If I go this route, I'd still have him do discussion, written narrations and essays based on questions within the course. Thoughts or advice?

Thank you! ;)

We used a book similar to this one:  (Not exactly this one, but I can't find the one we used right now)

https://www.amazon.com/Painless-American-Government-Jeffrey-Strausser/dp/0764126016/ref=pd_sim_14_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0764126016&pd_rd_r=2426F9YFDX3VH4AA4VFJ&pd_rd_w=d6bSg&pd_rd_wg=sisRH&psc=1&refRID=2426F9YFDX3VH4AA4VFJ

And then DVD's to supplement it, as well as projects I invented myself, mostly pertaining to current events and learning about our local and state politicians.