Menu

Christian Light Education Sceince ?

Homeschooling6

I am currently using R&S science for all of my dc. We are really pleased with the science courses but having to answer the questions onto notebook paper has been a nightmare:confused:. It's probably more of a discipline problem. I have showed them more than once how to number their paper etc. but they still get them mixed up.

Anyway, I was wondering about CLE for science next year because they can use a workbook. Has anyone used CLE Science. I mostly interested in 4th grade an up but might be using the lower grades too.

Thanks!

My ds is using second grade science from CLE this year. We've got the sunrise version, but right now, sunrise for CLE science only goes through 2nd grade I believe. He really enjoys it. I have some level 300 light units and answer keys that we may use for next year. They're not sunrise, and I'm surprised how different they look from Sunrise stuff (we've only used sunrise version so far for any of the subjects). However, they look interesting, I think he will enjoy them as well. But they're not divided into lessons, so that will take some extra work on my part. I still haven't decided for sure if we'll do CLE level 300, or Apologia Zoology 1 next year. But I'm leaning toward CLE, since even though I'd prefer Zoology 1, I think ds would prefer the light units.

Edited by bethanyniez
zoology has 3 "o"s, not 2 :)

My ds is using second grade science from CLE this year. We've got the sunrise version, but right now, sunrise for CLE science only goes through 2nd grade I believe. He really enjoys it. I have some level 300 light units and answer keys that we may use for next year. They're not sunrise, and I'm surprised how different they look from Sunrise stuff (we've only used sunrise version so far for any of the subjects). However, they look interesting, I think he will enjoy them as well. But they're not divided into lessons, so that will take some extra work on my part. I still haven't decided for sure if we'll do CLE level 300, or Apologia Zoolgy 1 next year. But I'm leaning toward CLE, since even though I'd prefer Zoology 1, I think ds would prefer the light units.

Can you please give some examples of how the Sunrise is different from the Light Units. I'd really appreciate it.

Do you happen to know of what grades are sunrise edition with science?

Blessings,

Can you please give some examples of how the Sunrise is different from the Light Units. I'd really appreciate it.

Do you happen to know of what grades are sunrise edition with science?

Both the non-sunrise and the sunrise versions have light units. However, the sunrise versions seem a bit more user-friendly. The non-sunrise lightunits are not broken into 'lessons'. The light unit looks like one big long lesson. I'm sure once I look through it thoroughly, it will be easy to tell where there are natural breaks in the subjects. But it's up to me to figure out what we'll do each day, instead of it being built into the lightunits. The format is very similar, in that the exercises that the student does seem to be a lot alike, at least when I compare level 200 sunrise science to level 300 non-sunrise science. Also, at least for level 3, there is no teacher's guide available. They just have light units and answer keys. Don't know if that matters to you or not, but I thought I'd mention since it seems to be a difference between sunrise and non-sunrise. After a quick look in my catalog, it seems that is the case for grades 3-8, except grade 5, where CLE offers either light units or a study-by-textbook course. For some reason, grade 5 science is very different from grades 3-8; the catalog even says that the textbook available for grade 5 could be used for grade 4. There are only sunrise versions for science in first and second grade, the rest is non-sunrise.

Hope this helps. There's a CLE yahoo group, if you want more info on that, pm me.

Blessings, Bethany