Menu

My Fitness Pal Premium?

Night Elf

Do you pay for premium? I saw their comparison between their free program and premium program but don't understand it. The only thing I'd like to be able to do is to add quick calories for a food not in the database. With free, I enter in calories only. With premium, it will let me add in fat, carbs and protein as well. I'm trying to decide if that's worth $50/year which is a better deal than $10/month.

What do you use your premium program for?

Do you pay for premium? I saw their comparison between their free program and premium program but don't understand it. The only thing I'd like to be able to do is to add quick calories for a food not in the database. With free, I enter in calories only. With premium, it will let me add in fat, carbs and protein as well. I'm trying to decide if that's worth $50/year which is a better deal than $10/month.

What do you use your premium program for?

Instead of quick add calories, you need to create a new food, which you can do with the free version. If you create the food it will let you put in the other nutrition info.  https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/525941-how-do-i-log-a-food-that-is-not-in-the-database-

Edited by ktgrok

Instead of quick add calories, you need to create a new food, which you can do with the free version. If you create the food it will let you put in the other nutrition info.  https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/525941-how-do-i-log-a-food-that-is-not-in-the-database-

What if I don't have all the nutrition? Home Chef gives calories, carbs, fat and protein only. Not fiber or sodium or anything else. Hello Fresh provides a full nutrition label but I'm needing two Home Chef meals this week.

Is it accessible immediately or do I have to wait for it to be approved?

What if I don't have all the nutrition? Home Chef gives calories, carbs, fat and protein only. Not fiber or sodium or anything else. Hello Fresh provides a full nutrition label but I'm needing two Home Chef meals this week.

Is it accessible immediately or do I have to wait for it to be approved?

Just fill in the ones you know. It's approved for your own use immediately. I think it will ask if you want to save, or save and track. Then from then on it is in your own database (I think under my foods or something like that). You can also check the box to make it public so other people can use the info too. 

Just fill in the ones you know. It's approved for your own use immediately. I think it will ask if you want to save, or save and track. Then from then on it is in your own database (I think under my foods or something like that). You can also check the box to make it public so other people can use the info too. 

Thank you. I'll give it a try.