Menu

Anyone in the St. Marys, GA area?

StaceyinLA

My niece's husband is stationed there now, and they bought their first house in St. Mary's.    They will be very close to some gorgeous places to visit - Fernandina Beach, Cumberland, St. Simons, Savannah are a few great day trips.   Jacksonville is very close for amenities that you can only find in a big city, like sports, shows, shopping, etc.   The weather is also very mild.   They will get only a handful of freezes each winter, and can wear shorts & t-shirts (when not in uniform!) the rest of the year.

• Like 1

I figured the climate would be similar to ours here in Louisiana. We aren’t really much farther south - pretty straight shot over there.

I’m super excited they’ll be there as opposed to WA state! I LOVE WA, but this grandbaby needs to be a MUCH shorter drive (or flight) away!

I’m also pretty pumped because I am pretty Disney obsessed, and this is gonna allow us to make some short Disney trips more often. She’s only gonna be about 3 hours away. I can see squeezing in a day or two at Disney every few months when I visit her! Yeah, my brain has been working already!!