Menu

Waterpik recommendations needed

KarenNC

My daughter has recently gotten braces and the hygenist at her regular dentist has recommended a waterpik. Any recommendations on model? Features?

She will be heading off to college in a few months so space will be a consideration. I could also likely use one as I have periodontal issues.

Thanks!

We have thre waterpik model 260. It is small and compact as there is not much space at all in the kids bathroom. Plus, it is nice and small for travel.

It has worked very well for us for almost three years. Now it is used several times a day and no issues with it. The other model I almost went with ( and honestly, I may still get it for DH) is the one that goes in the shower.

I can't find the model number on mine but ours came with some special attachments for braces.  If you have counter space, get one with a biggish reservoir. I have braces on right now & the one we have is cute but I end up having to refill it as I need more time to clean properly.  

Our Costco has one that they have had for a while. That is the one I have. It has a travel size one that is good for travel and then a bigger one. I have been happy with it for the year+ that I have had it. 

This one looks like it but I could have sworn Costco had it the last time I was there (in the last week, I should set up camp there I am there so often). https://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-Flosser-Traveler-Storage-Accessory/dp/B00MOPL04O/ref=sr_1_18_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1515431498&sr=1-18&keywords=waterpik

Target had the made for kids wp for about $35, which was nice compared to pushing around $100. It had a braces attachment. It does the same as a basic adult model. It was just in green and some other color versus the more adult looking ones. So worth it for the money and when I told the ortho he was exvited you could get them for thst much.

It is not big, but it is a countertop model. It would be a pain to carry to a dorm bathroom each time to use it.

If she is going into a suite with their own bathroom I would say ssve the money and get this one. If it is a dorm where you carry your toiletries in a little basket down to the bathroom each time, if you want her to use it continuously, then spend the money and get the handheld kind that looks like a bigger ekectric toothbrush you fill with water each time.