Menu

FLL first then R&S English possibly CLE LA ?

lulalu

Ok I am debating to use R&S English with their spelling or CLE LA. I want to simplify and have something I can use long term that is solid.

Ds will be 1st next year. I think I have ruled out CLE LA for first as we have done other things for phonics. And people seem to not like the first and second grades of LA. So I am thinking of waiting until 2nd for grammar and use R&S.

If I use R&S English would FLL 1/2 be good for first grade? Or should I just wait to begin in 2nd?

And second question-

My plan is to use CLE reading curriculum next year doing the reading NOT LTR program. I like CLE better than R&S reading. Will there be any crossover with R&S English? Or would these two fit well together? Any gaps that would happen?

I think your plan sounds good: 

Either FLL for 1st or save grammar for 2nd (my vote)

R&S grammar for 2nd on

CLE for reading

We have always done R&S for grammar and love it.  It is thorough and easy to use.  The instructions are clear and helpful so eventually students can do a lot of it on their own.  CLE reading is also great.  While I've never used R&S for reading, I think CLE covers a broader range of literary skills and my dc really like the stories.  Even though they aren't Bible stories, there is still lots of scripture packed into the lessons.  We have done CLE reading with R&S grammar and they work together fine.  

• Like 1