Menu

Teaching Textbooks...what would stop a student from flying through the work?

Bess

What would stop a student from flying through his work (thus getting wrong answers) since they will give him the solutions (answers) in the end anyway? I'm trying to figure out what would cause a child to actually work the problems himself instead of just waiting for it to be spoonfed to him in the end. I'm sure I'm missing something, so please enlighten me on how this works.

Thanks so much.

the way I understand it, they have to enter their answer before watching the solution. If they get it wrong they can ask for the solution, but their wrong answer goes in the gradebook which is part of the program. So as long as you are checking the gradebook you will know if they are doing that.

As I said, we've only done it for 2 days, but my ds LOVES it! He's done 6 lessons in the last 2 days, and before it was like pulling teeth to get him through his math lesson. Woohoo! :)

What would stop a student from flying through his work (thus getting wrong answers) since they will give him the solutions (answers) in the end anyway? I'm trying to figure out what would cause a child to actually work the problems himself instead of just waiting for it to be spoonfed to him in the end. I'm sure I'm missing something, so please enlighten me on how this works.

Thanks so much.

Even though it gives the solutions in the end, meaning after they have put the answer they got in, it still marks it as wrong on the score sheet thus, giving them a very bad grade for the assignment. I guess it's no different then my dd doing her math, handing me the assignment and re re-work together the ones she got wrong. ;)