Menu

Anyone ever travel with Fleetway?

FriedClams

Do you live in the UK?  It looks like they are based in London.  As a former airline employee who then worked for one year as a Travel Agent, I would, personally, probably never do business with a Travel Agency that is not accredited by IATA. To me, that's a minimum requirement.  Possibly/probably you would have a fine experience with them, but investigate before you Click to Buy. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 1

If they are currently accredited by IATA, as the below indicates, I wonder why they do not put that on their Home Page.  I would confirm that, with IATA, before doing business with them...

"IATA INFORMATION

Fleetway is a member of IATA, the International Air Transport Association".

• Like 1

Again, if you do not live in the UK, I would forget that, immediately.  I looked on TripAdvisor and the most recent comments on the first page of results are from 2015.  You can read them for yourself and come to your own conclusion.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4902416-o10-Fleetway_travel-Bargain_Travel.html

On the Fleeway Home Page, I copied this gem, which I hope you understand the significance of:

• Latest from Twitter
  • What our customers say
    • tweet.png

4 weeks agoDue to the collapse of Monarch, our operations team will contact you soon prioritised by departure date. More info: https://t.co/TmQS9abEY9

If you can possibly imagine, what happens to the customers who are taking their vacation, when a tour operator  or charter airline collapses, please understand the risks involved...

I would suggest that you "Follow" Fleetway on Twitter and try to get a "Feel" for what is going on now, late 2017. Positive or Negative comments?  Also, if they are on Facebook, do the same there.

NOTE: Any time you go on a  Charter flight, you are accepting the possibility of more risk, and (hopefully) receiving a lower fare.

As with any purchase, look before you leap. Don't be in a hurry to Click to Buy...

BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE THAT WILL SALVAGE YOUR TRIP IF ANYTHING GOES AWRY WITH YOUR FLIGHT OR HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS.  

• Like 1