Menu

PAH withdrawal - does it show on transcript?

Well, I don't know if it shows up on the PAH transcript or not - you could email them and ask.

However, I'm one of many who never turned in a PAH transcript to colleges, nor Brave Writer or other outside courses. While you have to turn in a Dual Enrollment college transcript, someone like PAH is just an outside provider like my local co-op.

If my student dropped a PAH class and continued the subject at home, I'd just list the subject and grade and what we actually did and never mention PAH -- similar to if you changed algebra textbooks because the first wasn't working.

If we dropped the subject altogether, I'd leave it off if possible.

In reality, a dropped PAH class did show up on my son's college admissions. He was taking PAH AP Physics Mechanics in the fall and then E&M in the spring. They were both listed as senior year courses. In his midterm report, we reported that he had a final grade of A+ for Mechanics, but had decided to drop the E&M for the spring since we felt the teaching was poor and would be better taught at college. He replaced the AP course with AoPS Intermediate Counting and Probability so it was clear that he wasn't just trying to get an easier schedule. 

• Like 5

Thanks! Interesting that you didn't send in transcripts to colleges - I assumed that was a required thing to do. It didn't occur to me to *not* do it. We've had some colleges even say that they wanted outside provider transcripts, but if we could leave that completely off the table, that would be preferred (from a coordination standpoint - DD has taken a LOT of outside provider courses). 

Thanks! Interesting that you didn't send in transcripts to colleges - I assumed that was a required thing to do. It didn't occur to me to *not* do it. We've had some colleges even say that they wanted outside provider transcripts, but if we could leave that completely off the table, that would be preferred (from a coordination standpoint - DD has taken a LOT of outside provider courses).

I had transcripts sent from all colleges used for dual credit. (Which added up for the latest grad since he used 4 different schools.)

I did not send anything from Lukeion, OSU's high school German program, or Edhesive. I would categorize PAH as similar to Lukeion (unless you are pursuing some kind of a diploma directly from them).

• Like 5

Yes, as Julie said above, no need to turn in transcripts from outsourced high school classes, as long as you as the parent are still the overall administrator of your student's education -- much like an umbrella school would administrate and accumulate all the different sources of coursework for the student into one transcript.

What college admissions is looking for are all transcripts from institutions where your student is registered/enrolled and the institution is the administrator of their grades -- so YES on sending official transcripts from:

- courses taken from all community colleges and universities (even if the student enrolled, started, and withdrew and only had a "W" on the transcript, with no GPA and no credits earned or)

- technical colleges

- public, private, charter high school where your student is enrolled and grades are going through the school's registrar office --i.e., a return to brick and mortar school/started high school at a school and then moved to finish via homeschooling; if just taking just 1-2 classes through the school, no need to send the transcript since you are the administrator and just outsourcing a class or two, although you can send it if you wish

Of course, if the college specifically ASKS for official transcripts from outside providers, then do as the school wishes. (There, the problem might be many outside providers do NOT provide transcripts.)

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

I also did not send in any transcripts from our outside providers (we did not have any DE courses, though).  I did have a blurb in my homeschool profile which stated that "transcripts from outside providers are available upon request." No one requested them.

• Like 3