Menu

Nallenart or GSWF

shadah

I've used both. Nallenart is still in business as far as I know.

Although GSWF is inexpensive and easy to use, I think I prefer Nallenart because it has you reading, writing and speaking French with each lesson. With GSWF, I found that all of the exercises were translating into English, so you were reading French, but only writing in English. Also, unless you use the audios and make an effort to say what the audios are saying, you won't be speaking much French either. You could probably make it work, but I personally think the exercises in Nallenart are better for writing.

• Like 1

We recently bought Nallenart. Though we hadn't found any mention of it being a Christian program and there is nothing in their website to indicate so, it was pretty heavily Christian, which doesn't work for us. When we tried to contact them about the possibility of a refund, there was no response. Tried to leave a message on the website and it has been "pending review for posting" ever since. So, they're in business enough to sell, but not enough to respond afterwards.

Haven't tried GSWF.

We recently bought Nallenart. Though we hadn't found any mention of it being a Christian program and there is nothing in their website to indicate so, it was pretty heavily Christian, which doesn't work for us. When we tried to contact them about the possibility of a refund, there was no response. Tried to leave a message on the website and it has been "pending review for posting" ever since. So, they're in business enough to sell, but not enough to respond afterwards.

Haven't tried GSWF.

I got the same surprise.  Significant Christian content ("Bible" is one of the first vocab words introduced, the first vignette is about a bible-reading mouse, exercises include a page of bible verse translations). 

Although GSWF is inexpensive and easy to use, I think I prefer Nallenart because it has you reading, writing and speaking French with each lesson. With GSWF, I found that all of the exercises were translating into English, so you were reading French, but only writing in English. Also, unless you use the audios and make an effort to say what the audios are saying, you won't be speaking much French either. You could probably make it work, but I personally think the exercises in Nallenart are better for writing.

Thank you. She needs to write things out to have them stick. I could possibly reverse the translation, but Nallenart is laid out for me.