Menu

Scholar's Online Reviews

Has anyone used Scholar's Online? 

We are going with WHA this year because I couldn't find any recent reviews of Scholar's Online. However, SO has seemingly great course offerings. I'm on the fence about enrolling our ds until I'm are the instructors are good and the courses live up to their descriptions. 

If anyone has a recent review, oe knows where I can find one, I'd be grateful to hear it. 

Thanks!

I posted a similar query a year or two ago and unfortunately got no replies. It seems like 6-8 years ago, Scholars Online was a more popular option but now with several new online academies (like WTM and Wilson Hill etc.), it's not mentioned much. From the old reviews, it seemed to get high praise for the literature and Latin/Greek classes and decidedly mixed reviews for the science classes. They used to use a text-only classroom for some their courses back then. I'm not sure if that's still true.

• Like 1

It was okay, my son used them several years ago for Latin 2.  We were not a fan, not very rigorous and would be okay if just wanting a basic understanding or working with a language and not wanting to spend a large chunk of time on it.  I am not sure about other classes there many really seemed to like it.  My son also did not like it because there is no 'on the mic' participation everything is in a chat box and so really wasn't a fan of the setup.  The teacher was very nice and accommodating though and for that I was thankful.  We only used for a year and didn't go back for I didn't feel it was enough for the money you spent.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1