Menu

Are there any history based writing curricula?

rose

We're just about to finish WWS1. My children didn't love it but I saw their writing improve by leaps and bounds. We're currently in the literary analysis units and it's not really working so well for us now. My dc don't really understand the purpose of analyzing stories in this manner. The science chapters bored them but at least they understood what they were supposed to be doing. Both my dc enjoy and know history quite well and I think that they would enjoy writing about it. There was a little of this in WWS1 but not enough.

So, I'm wondering, are there any full curricula that I could move into after WWS1 that would have more or all history based assignments?

IEW has history-based writing, although it is a different style than WWS. (The link takes you to their theme-based writing products. You'll want to look for what type of history (Ancient, US, Midieval, etc.) and what level (3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th) that you need.)

ETA: You can click through the tabs. They have some short samples of each.

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1