Menu

Scissors Question

I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about or not. My ds (5) cannot stand to use kid scissors. He says they hurt his hand and are too hard. He always wants to use my large scissors. I have been letting him, although, I think dealing the the actual cutting would be better with smaller, in length, blades.

He doesn't seem to have the best of fine motor skills yet, but I've been told boys develop that later. My dh says he still doesn't have good fine motor skills, and I know there are things I can do easier than him.

Any thoughts? Should I just keep letting him use larger, or make him use the kid kind?

Thanks in advance!!!

:iagree: Fiskars are the best children's scissors. They have a little bit of cushion and more room for the fingers. Some can even be used left or right handed. If you can't find Fiskars, then get some adult scissors with shorter blades and use plenty of supervision. Adult scissors can be much sharper.

I wouldn't be concerned about the fine motor skills yet. Getting him the right tool will build his confidence and skill.