Menu

Kiwi Crate users

ealp2009

I was wondering if anyone who had experience with this could answer for me.  I was planning to order a gift subscription for my nephews (ages 4 and 7) and I was wondering if I needed to order them both a separate crate, or if the activities were things they could do together.  

Thanks!

I've heard some people share them and do it together, but I know my kids do much better with their own box. They feel proud of something they made all by themselves. I would do kiwi for the 7yo, but might consider koala crate for the 4yo depending on young 4 vs almost 5 and maturity. My 4yo has done koala for about a year and has just decided she'd like to move up to kiwi, but she'll be 5 next week. 

Kiwi crate boxes are usually one big activity with maybe a smaller bit to go with it. So it's not materials that can be shared between two kids, they would just have to take turns doing it. Sometimes it's 3 individual activities without one "main" thing, but it's still just enough for 1 of each thing. If they share a room or not might be something to consider as well as sometimes it's something you would display or set out later. DD has a planet mobile above her bed and a body poster on the door. 

Koala crate is 3 small activities that go together some way. Usually they are fun and engaging, but we have gotten a couple boxes that DD thought were on the boring side. That's when we knew she might be ready to go up a level. 

• Like 2

My two (4 and 2.5) share and love Koala Crate. I have gifted both Koala and Kiwi Crate to nieces and nephews, and all reports back have been super positive.

Depending on their personalities, I might agree with a PP and do Koala for the younger and Kiwi for the older, but sharing Kiwi could be fine, too.

• Like 1