Menu

Combined Years Syllabi: The Ancient World

Kfamily

I've just created a combined years syllabi, based off of my curriculum A Mind in the Light, so that families might find it easier to use. Syllabi A-B: The Ancient World begins the history cycle. I would love your thoughts and feedback about it.

Thank you for looking at it!

Edited by Kfamily

I downloaded it yesterday so I wouldn't forget about it, but didn't have a chance to look at it until this morning.

I really like the format. I like having the big picture of exactly what is being covered at each level for that time period. I like the option of either sending students through the years individually, on their own tracks, OR putting them all in one time period and teaching them with the recommended resources for that level (something that I think is quite lacking at AO). I waffle between the two options from year to year, lol, so I like having both available. I also like having the books for one time period according to level in one document so that if one of my kids needs a more or less challenging book for a subject I can easily find another option.

Long story short, I think it makes your curriculum that much more usable, and I would download any further syllabi that you posted. 

• Like 1

I can't find it on your website...?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It can be found on the main front page under Notes and Updates. Sorry about that....I took it down from my original post, but left it up at the website. :) Thank you for asking about it.

• Like 1

I downloaded it yesterday so I wouldn't forget about it, but didn't have a chance to look at it until this morning.

I really like the format. I like having the big picture of exactly what is being covered at each level for that time period. I like the option of either sending students through the years individually, on their own tracks, OR putting them all in one time period and teaching them with the recommended resources for that level (something that I think is quite lacking at AO). I waffle between the two options from year to year, lol, so I like having both available. I also like having the books for one time period according to level in one document so that if one of my kids needs a more or less challenging book for a subject I can easily find another option.

Long story short, I think it makes your curriculum that much more usable, and I would download any further syllabi that you posted. 

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I was thinking maybe it just wasn't a good plan. I can defnitely continue to work on the next section. My overall plan was to do 4 main time periods with 4 levels in each, I think. I'll look at the Medieval and Renaissance time period next. Then I'll do Early Modern and then Modern.

Thank you! :)