Menu

Reviews of Easy French

Ummmm....it is not my favorite French program.  I wanted to like it.   A few years ago, it was one of the only French programs on the market for homeschoolers!   However, I don't feel like it is very easy to use personally.   

What grades is this for?  

Jr. High and HighSchool:

I think I would recommend Breaking the Barrier French if this is for junior high/high school.    (If you have a kindle or ipad, the ibook of this program is WONDERFUL and very cost effective!)   I would also supplement with French reading and listening (audiobooks or youtube movies or time on italki.)  

Logic Stage or Upper Grammar:

I would recomend CAPs French for Children (if you want a slower pace and lots of hand holding) or So You Really Want to Learn French by Galore park (if you don't need as much hand holding and want to move quicker towards fluency).   Again, I would supplement with reading and listening practice.   (Audible French stories, etc.) 

Lower Grammar

Skoldo French with lots of French folk songs, stories in French, etc.  

For grades 3 and up:

I highly, highly, highly recommend Paul Noble's French program for getting the child speaking in fairly complex sentences right away.   It is not made for children, but my kids have been using it NO problem.   (We just review often and go slowly.)   This is not a complete grammar program.   This is a program that will teach you to speak in fairly complex French sentences quickly.   

Edited by TheAttachedMama
  • Like 2