Menu

Writing Rhetoric vs Classical Writing vs Writing Tales

bfw0729

I just posted about CW and WT and noticed the thread about WR. Argh! Too many options :) Anyway, based on their descriptions, CW and WR seem to be the most similar. Also, from what I've read, people really like WT.

With respect to the amount of time everyday, how long does WR or CW take? Also, CW has a grammar component, does WR? My kids are pretty decent writers and work on writing almost everyday, they just don't want to do it more than 30 min a day. We did WWE 3 (took about 30-40 minutes with three kids) and R&S, which took about 30 minutes. All together, was about an hour a day between those two programs four days a week. They also write in their journals 2-3 times a week. 

So, for those who use WR, what do you like or don't like about it? At which grade did you use Fable 1? My kids will be in 4th and 5th grade. 

Have you looked at the samples of WT2? The samples are online and they'll be representative of what it's like. 

WT is fun. If your kids like to have a *fun* element, you really can't go wrong with it. 

Really, just look at the samples and go with your gut. You're not choosing between bad things. You're looking at nicely developed, sequential programs that all get where they're going. They each just have a niche and why they were written and what perspective the author was coming from. 

Also, you can just from WT2 into any other program, no problem. It's not like you'll be left hanging. You could then go into the CW sequence (what we did) or IEW or anything you want. 

You could print the samples for each and lay them out, side by side, so the differences start to become obvious to you.