Menu

Primavera online high school?

Sagg can't do dual enrollment for a year and a half at a minimum. he's all set for math, but i'm not happy with his language arts. i'm thinking of enrolling him in primavera for freshman english, he's 14. they do 6 week courses, starting every other week. maybe an elective that interests him, or something. if he likes it, he can stay until he's eligible for de. and if he hates it, it's only 6 weeks. 

we're not planning on having him graduate from primavera, so i'm not really interested in that aspect. it just seems like a good source of a few courses that i'm not super comfortable teaching. 

has anyone done something like this for their child? 

link https://www.primavera-online-high-school.com/

• Like 1

Sagg can't do dual enrollment for a year and a half at a minimum. he's all set for math, but i'm not happy with his language arts. i'm thinking of enrolling him in primavera for freshman english, he's 14. they do 6 week courses, starting every other week. maybe an elective that interests him, or something. if he likes it, he can stay until he's eligible for de. and if he hates it, it's only 6 weeks. 

we're not planning on having him graduate from primavera, so i'm not really interested in that aspect. it just seems like a good source of a few courses that i'm not super comfortable teaching. 

has anyone done something like this for their child? 

link https://www.primavera-online-high-school.com/

IMHO - I think that Primavera has a rep as a non-academic check the box school.

• Like 1

Probably he means it would be a light course, with the bare minimum requirements of the student. Is your student interested in attending a university in the future? I clicked on the link. They have a slick "Home Page".  It is free, so that is a big plus...

ah, i see. it does seem to be geared toward troubled students and a high school diploma. there is a huge advertising push for this school. we are new here and i don't know much about our options. 

he does want to go to university. so there is that to consider. though he will go as a transfer student.