Menu

Advice for 4 years English integrated with history plan

In the school,  I  only have a few times to develop the skills of writing and vocabulary.  So I want to design a curriculum targeted for me covered my high school credits.  I want to focus on improving vocabulary and writing skills. Since I am ESL speaker, so the beginning level will start lower than other people. That is the key I want but the school can not give me.

Eng credit 1: Wordly Wise 3000  4--12,   

Eng credit 2: IEW Level B   -

USHis credit 1:   U.S. History-Based Writing Lessons   IEW

USHis credit 2:     Advanced  U.S. History-Based  IEW

World history credit 1: World History-Based Writing Lessons IEW

Eng credit 3: The Elegant Essay and Advanced Communication Series

Eng credit 4  ) Introduction to Literature

Edited by zuzu88

USHis credit 1:   U.S. History-Based Writing Lessons   

USHis credit 2:     Advanced  U.S. History-Based   

World history credit 1: World History-Based Writing Lessons

Are you talking about using IEW US history based writing lessons? If so, I"d count it toward an English credit and not history. 

These sound like they are primarily writing instruction which falls under English. It doesn't matter what you write about for English.

I'd pick one writing curriculum per year for your writing instruction. English credit is usually part writing and part literature.

History credit will primarily be historical reading/watching videos with output being discussion and/or writing.

You can combine parts of your English and history by having them write about history, but I wouldn't suggest two different writing curriculums. 

• Like 1

Are you talking about using IEW US history based writing lessons? If so, I"d count it toward an English credit and not history. 

These sound like they are primarily writing instruction which falls under English. It doesn't matter what you write about for English.

I'd pick one writing curriculum per year for your writing instruction. English credit is usually part writing and part literature.

History credit will primarily be historical reading/watching videos with output being discussion and/or writing.

You can combine parts of your English and history by having them write about history, but I wouldn't suggest two different writing curriculums. 

Yes..all courses from IEW...

Because I have the lower level to start, I don't have the ability to read higher level literature. Wordly Wise have a good resource for non-fiction story to practice reading comprehension..they can do as literature practice...

You need books - real books - as part of your English and history credits. Reading literature, even if you don't do anything more than read it, is an important part of an English credit.

The bulk of a history credit should be learning history, not learning to write.

I'd pick ONE IEW writing course per year and count it as part of your English credit. Pick whatever level of writing instruction is needed - don't worry if it is level B. 

• Like 2

Do you have someone to grade your material who is a native speaker of English? I think the challenge with using any material to develop writing is that you must have someone who can mark your mistakes.

If you do not have the support of a native English speaker, and you need some objective means to grade your work, you might look at grade 7 and grade 8 of Christian Light Publications Language Arts series. 

https://www.clp.org/store/by_course/37