Menu

Any tips for changing name with College Board?

I called the CB a few weeks ago to change ds' name. It is a legal name change through the courts. I was transferred several times to get all the information for SAT, PSAT, AP, etc. I emailed all they asked for and called later to check. I was told it would be done in 5-7 business days. It's been about 3 weeks now. The CB site still has the old name. 

My concern is that he just took three AP exams and his ID and legal name with the school is different than what is showing on the CB site. The school, of course, allowed him to use his now legal ID and write down his legal name on the AP tests. 

I'm going to be calling the CB again tomorrow but I'm worried now if this is going to screw up his AP's. He is also taking the SAT for the second time in a few months. Anyone had any issues with this before? If it matters, it was a change to his first name but his middle and last names were not changed.

I would definitely call them again.

We did a slight first name change with CB, and the change appeared on my son's account within a few hours. If I remember correctly, we did this pre-PSAT junior year but after he had already taken an AP test. Again, this was a slight change (think Tom to Thomas), so that might have made a difference.

The worst part of it was being put on hold FOREVER AND EVER. But once we finally talked with someone, she was competent, and the change went through quickly.

I hope you get it resolved soon!