Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
JulieA97

To test or not to test

Our district has an AIG magnet school and part of the process involves potential students being evaluated. I put his name in the lottery nefore I had all the details but after learning more, we feel sure we won't send him. They sent a permission form home for us to give permission for him to be given an aptitude test.

Since we know he won't be attending the school I was going to just tell them to take his name off the list. However, it might also be an opportunity for him to be tested and get more information for the future. He is currently in Kindergarten. I know that he is bright but don't necessarily believe he is gifted.

WWYD? Just trying to gather pros and cons.

I'd probably have him take the test, just out of curiosity.  But keep in mind that testing isn't necessarily accurate at that age.

• Like 2

If there is no cost associated with having your son tested, then I would definitely have him tested. Just to get an idea, even though like the pp said testing isnt always accurate!

• Like 2