Menu

Summer Sociology Resources

Trinqueta and I are planning to study sociology this summer for her first CLEP. I started looking around for resources this week and I hit a treasure trove. There are two classes available on EdX, one self-study from UT Permian Basin whose intro states that it will prepare you for the CLEP and one starting in mid-June that is part of ASU's Freshman Academy. Coursera has a "Classical Sociological Theory" course from U of Amsterdam that reads Comte, Toqueville, Marx, Weber, Durkheim, etc. It's a pretty light class with intro videos and short excerpts so I think it would be fine for high school students prepping for the CLEP. It will put a writing to the name you need to memorize for the test. This one officially starts May 15.

The REA Sociology CLEP prep book is on Hoopla and has a coupon for $1.99 test access on the web. It haven't tried it yet because we're just starting but it's a great deal if it works.

There are several study sets on Quizlet too.

I'm very pleased with all I've found!

• Like 2