Menu

MEP with CWP

lulalu

I was going to go with Process Skills in Problem Solving to go with MEP. They do not have as many problems as CWP but it has more instruction on the method. I think it does work best a little behind grade level. Level 2 was more of a late 2nd grade rather then early 2nd grade. I am starting with level 1 in that to go with MEP level 2.

Edited by MistyMountain

I think it's a little much for that age and I'd also wait for the second half of the year or just do it a year behind. I also like Process Skills in Problem Solving better than the CWP... but others have a different take. They're similar.

You could do Bedtime Math or possible the first level on Primary Challenge Math as another option. I think both of those work well orally too, which is presumably needed for most first graders.

• Like 1

I don't think it is needed. MEP is complete and completely awesome.

CWP lines up well with MEP 1, iirc.

But, I would just stick with MEP unless your child is begging for more math problems.

MEP has built in levels. Before adding anything else, make sure you are exhausting all MEP has for you.