Menu

Baking a cake in a bowl?!

ACK. i have to get a cake in the oven... DD wants to make a pumpkin. I think the 1/2 circle would be cool... but now i'm reading a bunch of stuff online and i'm not sure i want to suggest it.

I guess i'll go check my bowls and see if they are safe - but i can't mess this up sinc ei won't have time to make another one today.

UGH - maybe i'll just skip the suggestion to her and go with teh basic round pan.

Thanks ladies - i had found a pyrex bowl to use, but we decided that because of the time crunch we are under (we were supposed to make it yesterday - but my kitchen aid mixer broke), that we'd stick with round pans and experiment later.

You know, because it's grandma's birthday and well, you don't mess up cakes in my family! LOL!!!

ACK. i have to get a cake in the oven... DD wants to make a pumpkin. I think the 1/2 circle would be cool... but now i'm reading a bunch of stuff online and i'm not sure i want to suggest it.

I guess i'll go check my bowls and see if they are safe - but i can't mess this up sinc ei won't have time to make another one today.

UGH - maybe i'll just skip the suggestion to her and go with teh basic round pan.

It may be to late but here ya go! I went to a halloween party this weekend. A mom baked a cake in a bundt pan, & covered it upsidedown in orange frosting. She took a ice cream cone, covered it in green frosting and stuck it upside down covering the hole. She piped the same green frosting down the sides a bit to look like the lines on a pumpkin. Totally cute, very easy, completely doable.

It may be to late but here ya go! I went to a halloween party this weekend. A mom baked a cake in a bundt pan, & covered it upsidedown in orange frosting. She took a ice cream cone, covered it in green frosting and stuck it upside down covering the hole. She piped the same green frosting down the sides a bit to look like the lines on a pumpkin. Totally cute, very easy, completely doable.

Must have posted while I was typing. Had not heard of the ice cream cone bit...will file that away on my recipe card. Thanks! :)

Cute!!! i'm going to tell DD that idea for next time... of course, we have no ice cream cones in the house either! LOL!!

We have to take the cake to frost at my mom's anyway since the mixer died.... here is hoping i don't break hers. I've been on a roll this week - my washer, my computer, my mixer, DD/DH killed the lawnmower.....

And drat, really just even 1/2 of the bundt would have been cute on our big round one. Gee, guess we have to make another one next week?!?!?!

Thanks again everyone!!