Menu

Children's (full) Bible with lots of maps?

One of my Sunday school students has aspergers and gets upset when he can't find the books of the Bible. So I'm going to buy him a children's bible and add tabs.

But one of his passions is maps! He loves loves maps! He knows all the continents and tectonic plates etc. so I know he'd love a Bible with lots of maps!

It can be any version. His mom seems like a reasonable person and would be fine with NLT, NIV, ESV etc

(I will ask her permission before giving it)

This is the bible my church gives to 3rd graders: https://www.amazon.com/Faith-Student-Bible-ESV-Pamela-Nielsen/dp/0758626991 - it has twelve pages of maps, and the intended age range is 8-14.

This is the bible my middle dd has: https://www.cph.org/p-18169-my-very-first-holy-bible-esv-translation.aspx - it has eight pages of maps. It has over 120 color illustrations and retellings of 120 Bible stories in addition to the full ESV text of the Bible, to make it a little more accessible to younger readers as well (age range is 5-12). It has a simplified set of cross-references that connect common doctrinal verses to the narratives - I've found them helpful myself.

Edited by forty-two

I decided on just hte maps, and a set of tabs, that I will give to his mother.  :) And then she can enjoy sitting down with him and putting the tabs into his own bible that she purchases.  Getting a kid a first Bible is very special and I don't want to do that. :)  But the maps will be a big treat and the tabs will help him in class.  THanks guys.

• Like 2