Menu

Writing grade 4 and 6

We are trying out home2 teach. It's my only experience and is good so far. I would not do it unless your child has good reading comp skills as the class is in a chat format, no video. Love love that teacher makes kids type in MLA format. Might be too hard for fourth grade. My fifth grader finds the classes a bit long.

While I haven't used this yet, I've signed my 5th and 6th graders up for writing classes with The Potter's School for next school year.  TPS came highly recommended by several friends, so I finally looked into it for writing as I'm struggling in teaching it well.  There is not a 4th grade writing class, but it would be worth looking into for your 6th grader.  It meets live once a week for an hour and a half and there are 4-5 hours of outside homework a week.  

I really liked IEW Student Writing Intensive. But I taught it, as opposed to having her watch the DVDs. I liked it because it was systematic and gradually and gently built them up to well written research papers and creative writings. It improved my daughter's writing tremendously. But I'd recommend Writing With Ease 1-3 before this. And after IEW, maybe check out Bravewriter's online classes. It's received great reviews here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk