Menu

Explorer's Bible Study Quest....any reviews on this?

I am wondering if anyone has used the Quest series by Explorer's Bible Study http://www.explorerbiblestudy.org/category/Quest

I am looking for something for myself......maybe the John or Faith at Work book.  I want something that goes verse by verse, has some commentary, is in depth, but not too in depth for his mid 40s mom brain.  I like the looks of the shorter 5 day a week lessons and the commentary.

I would love reviews before I buy.

Hi, I have used this with my high school kids and it is well done for this age group. There are 5 days, with about 3-5 questions per day. Then a longer summary with some interpretation of the verses just completed. What I would also suggest to you is the adult version that has weekly online meeting using something like Skype. I have done this for 3 years now. I can give you more detailed answers and description if you want to PM me or email me.

Amymeg...Thanks. I have done several of the adult ones over the years....Ok, most of them. Right now I am very very bogged down in Isaiah so am looking for something that is good and gets me in the words but a "lighter" study if you will for now.

Fabulous inductive Bible studies.

A little secret the company does not want you to know--the high school and the adult studies are identical, but the high school ones are cheaper.

I also have a high opinion of NavPress Life Change series. 

Both Explorer's and the NP Life Change have more depth than most on the market. 

Fabulous inductive Bible studies.

A little secret the company does not want you to know--the high school and the adult studies are identical, but the high school ones are cheaper.

I also have a high opinion of NavPress Life Change series. 

Both Explorer's and the NP Life Change have more depth than most on the market. 

Are they identical?  When I looked online the Quest ones seemed a bit different than the adult ones but I might not have looked close enough.  Glad to hear you really like them.  I want more in depth that most Bible studies (which are often 90% commentary, 10% Bible) but yet doable for a middle age mom brain.

I just looked and the highschool study on John has 30 lessons and the adult study has 60....2 books of 30 lessons.

You are right though the Quest studies are cheaper......even more so on CBD :-)

Edited by Ottakee