Menu

11th Grade: DE English 111, What Literature?

Dd will be taking some DE classes in the fall, one of those being Eng 111. This would be a writing class only, no literature. She will most likely take Eng 112 in Spring of 2018.

This year she will study World History and she likes the look of British Literature. Would taking Center for Lit discussion only be okay? (Our plan before thinking of DE was for her to take CfL's British Lit with the writing.) Is discussion going to be enough instead of writing about it ( Lit analysis)? I'm not sure how heavy Eng 111 will be.

We are also looking at EIL British but I think she'd prefer the discussion class......

I am considering a DE English Comp class for next Spring, though I do have a plan for writing if it doesn't pan out.. But I am doing my own Literature with my son. Even though the DE class technically equals a high-school credit, I wouldn't like to go an entire year not reading any real books!

I think that the CfL class would be a great addition! Maybe you could do a few just-for-Mom literary essays during the spring if you find that it was not covered well in the fall DE class.