Menu

BJU Spanish online

tmstranger

I don't have experience, but I have a close friend who is a Spanish teacher. She is currently teaching BJU Spanish 1 and 2 in a private school because that is what the school wanted her to use. She doesn't like the curriculum, especially their tests. She feels the tests are designed so that only the brightest and best students can make an A. She writes her own tests for her classes. She tweaks the curricula quite a bit because she feels the vocabulary isn't very practical. She said to me, "When am I ever going to need to say clarinet in Spanish?". 

My experience with science subjects is that the online tests are the same as the written tests, so I would imagine they are the same in Spanish. 

She said to me, "When am I ever going to need to say clarinet in Spanish?". 

LOL!

Thanks for your feedback.  I read somewhere else that it is difficult to teach it unless you speak Spanish, so I thought the online would be better than ordering the books alone.  Maybe not!

Back in the day, we used the dvd versions of BJU, one year we just needed a break and did the whole curriculum.  The Spanish was by far the worst put together course I had ever dealt with and we bailed on it.  Maybe it's changed since then but whew boy, it was terrible.

(For what it's worth, I have, over the years taken Latin, French, Spanish and Russian so I have had a fair bit of experience with language courses.) 

• Like 1