Menu

Tynker and Scratch

desertflower

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the difference between Tynker (coding for kids) and Scratch besides that Scratch is free?  Is the Tynker site easier to navigate through? 

I don't know much about Scratch except I bought a book.  I have to help the kiddos go through the book. 

The kids love minecraft.  That's why the Tynker website looks so appealing.  But if we can do the same thing on Scratch, I would rather use Scratch.  Being free and all.  ;) 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

We've been working through some DK books on Scratch, and it's fine, works great. If you already have the book, might as well go with it. The only reason to pay for Tynker then would be if you wanted that Minecraft aesthetic. I'm intentionally avoiding it, so I scratched Tynker from the list. Scratched, hahaha.   :lol:

• Like 1

We've been working through some DK books on Scratch, and it's fine, works great. If you already have the book, might as well go with it. The only reason to pay for Tynker then would be if you wanted that Minecraft aesthetic. I'm intentionally avoiding it, so I scratched Tynker from the list. Scratched, hahaha.   :lol:

:lol:

My dh says that Tynker goes beyond Scratch.  OhE, what are you going to do after Scratch?

Well I'm sure something goes further, mercy. There's always something, lol. We did some lego robotics last summer and I got him a K'nex Robotics kit to work with. That uses programming too, though not the same. There are 4 books in the series we're doing now and then more books marked advanced beginner beyond that. If we ever get through all that, I'm sure we'll find more things. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465443924/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1